Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Meat Hooks (Wrath)

Meat Hooks (Wrath)
I can't believe the promises you're constantly offering
So far your efforts have only deprived me of everything
You speak of a shining future that never comes to pass
And let the merciless present seize me in its iron grasp
You flew past me in a hurry, turned round to make sure I saw
Dressed up for some kind of party, without a single flaw
Into my crowded memory I had to stash it deep
Wait until no one's looking, pull it out
Til then do without

Got to put a smile on somehow
Got to say it doesn't make me proud
Need to make it through another day
After all this time, see no other way

You know my intimate feelings, they help to relieve your pain
But onto your misdealings your eye will not long train
Want to let on that your something: nobody else agrees
All pretending the same thing, must be some disease
Attempt to tell me I'm fortunate, I've heard it all my life
Run myself through to forget it, I can't afford the knife
Wonder why I can't stand you or shake you from my hair
Took all the love I could hand you, paid your fare
With my worst nightmare

Can't afford to get with your desire
See my conscience wind up in the fire
Would have satisfied to find some peace
Ended up with just the very least

Used to be the nicest person
Took a lot to make me worsen
Ages of neglect, steady disrespect
Now you see the toll they took on me
Barely recognize myself

Might be a little bit funny when you justify your wrongs
Say you don't make enough money but never down for long
And in the act of accusing someone who caused no harm
Any lack of excusing put to rest
It's all for the best

Could have sworn that you were on my side
Long before you hung me out to dry
Can I count on you to sympathize?
Sure you're not still plotting my demise?
Isn't fair when you invade my head
Interfere with what you think I said
Get my spirit on a perch so high
Let my body all alone to die
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment