Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wild

Wild
I know there's a lot you can teach me
About the life that I never knew
I know you would like to explain all the laughter heard
Right when my back was turned
You got what it takes to reach me
A good personality too
But we should not proceed if it's just in the need of
Something to do

Left your acceptance uncollected by the door
When you forsake me only make me cry for more
Hang onto promises with the ruthlessness of a child
Can't see the fantasy enveloping all the while
Growing wild

I'm trying to stay out of trouble
You have to stand in my way
You think it's all right to invite a catastrophe
Making a pass for me
I put you back under the cover
And wait for a rainy day
When all of the meddling voices are left with
Nothing to say

I am defenceless up against this constant tease
Done up so pretty just to hit me at the knees
No time to reflect on the effect of how you smiled
Let loose all the demons inside me and got them riled
Running wild
Left your acceptance undetected by the door
Try to forget me only let me cry for more
Hang onto promises with the ruthlessness of a child
Can't keep the fantasy from developing out of style
Much too wild
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment