Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Virtue

Virtue
A trying fate, wait for daybreak
Ever increasingly tantalized
Anticipate no visitation
Hope I'm alive for the big surprise

What you said was unexpected
Played in my head as if all I knew
And though its effect was mostly pleasant
Still not safe to rely on you

Down to Earth, understanding
Cut through the trees like a cool machine
Back and forth, without ending
Swing unseen to a new extreme

Thrown off course, too distracted
Taken aback by a bolt from the blue
I won't avert you, forsake your virtue
Unless you agree it's the right thing to do

Have no grounds to fear a loss of balance
Leaning on the corner of my eye

Back on track, redirected
After the danger went awry
Pushing hard, don't get too far
Always an obstacle in the sky

Taken apart, put together
Told me I'd soon be as good as new
Gave it away, stayed unsettled
Why should I expect any better from you?

Circumstances brought us to resistance
Flattery may vainly be applied
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2013. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment