Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Uneven

Uneven
Please don't mind if I try to condescend
Only wanted to talk some sense
Nothing meant but a typical lament
Echoed hapless against the fence
Sometimes I hate it when I am right
Doesn't get me on your good side
I know I made an unpleasant sight
Who brought it out of me?
For you it's easy to say
Let go
When you don't have to pay

Slight of hand was never in the plan
Stayed within my peculiar range
Better than overstating a demand
Left to turn an untimely page
What you did hit me all in little bits
Kind of news where they make you sit
And off in the distance resting firm
Out of the spotlight
And for you it's easy to see
The show
When the ground is uneven

Shrunken down to something lighter
Kindling to give the fire
Left in less than mint condition
Subjected to the year's attrition

Happier to put it in the past
That's where troubles like mine belong
Holding back from travelling too fast
Passing over a glaring wrong
Who's at stake for making a mistake?
To what state was he made awake?
Counting sheep to get him back to sleep
Don't turn your back on them
Or they may stray apart
Once a herd is too hard to believe in
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2010. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment