Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tumble

Tumble
Maybe I refuse to see
Why she seems to feel the need
To push me to the very edge
Doesn't make a bit of sense

She only turns up the heat
To show that she means it
Always hope the next time we meet
It will be as pleasant

Knows what I have on my mind
With glass of wine, looks so refined
Unsure of her true design
Could be out to undermine

How I hate to throw things away
It makes me uneasy
Like the time they heard me say
She looks like a party
Just when I got back up
I went for a tumble
Facing another breakup
Perfect example

Not afraid to make a stand
Take a while to understand
Falling out apparently
Only temporary

Try to stay preoccupied
With the cheerful scene outside
Facing that I soon may be
Bracing for a new collision

It's all right to remain
Carefully undecided
Nothing that cannot be contained
If never reminded
I would gladly offer help
But I don't think it's needed
For all it takes for a miracle
Is to believe it
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment