Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Topsy-turvy

I try to call you up
The line is always busy
The more I try to stay in step
The more it only makes me dizzy
Don't make it easy
Racing over to the middle of nowhere
I want to go there but I'm stuck for the cab fare

You promise to be kind
You want to give love freely
But I don't need to read your mind
To tell me what you're up to really
After something, more than one thing
And when I tell you I have nothing of value
You take collections to the better connections

Rising calamity far and wide
Look to the heavens for a starry guide
Turn around and with my utmost stride
Back inside with the knowledge of my salvation

I like to watch you groove
And see the waves so curvy
Make them change with every move
Until they're standing topsy-turvy
Soon transfix me
Take no action to resist the distraction
Find no corner from the brilliant reaction
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2013. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment