Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Targets

Targets
(MUSIC VIDEO OFFLINE)
Why don't you tell me my destiny
Based on a piece of my history
The only one you think matters?
Come on and help me to play my song
Without you I'd never get along
My best designs all in tatters
I want to let go in a fiery blast
Until a big hole has burned its way through to the top of
Your class
I want to be a better iconoclast
Leaving not one faithful work of stone
Unsmashed

With no compassion I would get far more than annoyed
Objects of passion turn into targets to destroy

I should have kept you outside of me
You would not ever have tried to be
Some kind of grand visionary
Behind your shallow computer screen
You'd still be looking for magic beans
No sign of where they are buried
You got no original thoughts in your head
You're taking a shortcut and helping yourself to my thoughts
Instead
You're trying to get her back in your bed
With words of a man whose bed stays a place he can
Rest in

My long lost lover thought she could treat me like a toy
With such behaviour are you quite sure that you're a boy?
With no compassion I would get far more than annoyed
Objects of passion turn into targets to destroy
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment