Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Stultified

Stultified
Breaking even, early to tell
The less I'm asking, the longer it's lasting
State my reason, you know very well
This attraction would cause a reaction
Didn't notice that danger was near
Didn't sense a change in the atmosphere
Could be late when we're back in the clear
Brave survivor, not any wiser

Descended to my chin
Struggle free and then you send me back in
Upended against the wind
Say I might be treading too lightly

The one you're seeking was out on a call
Starved for attention, they waited to mention it
Set him up for a punishing fall
One more goner, total dishonour
The warning signs of trouble ahead
Are hard to find: they are not painted red
Take my chances with you instead
Get acquainted, less isolated

Extended to the edge
Take forever to deliver the message
Abandoned when you fled
Greener pastures, meet you there after

Better
Regular go-getter
Unfettered
Hope I don't upset her

Wouldn't know when the going gets easy
Nothing there to really compare it to
Take it slow, grow more lazy
Make another call to your mother
Best not to see things from your side
Such a pleasant place to reside in
Got the light so stultified
No sensation, steady privation

Suspended from a limb
Stay right here until I know where you've been
Unable to begin
Catch up after at the end of the chapter

Harder
She was always smarter
Remember
Save it for a bender
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment