Thursday, October 3, 2013

Special

Special
There's a spring in my stride to defy my circumstances
Taking the countless passersby all by surprise
As long as she's there I'm prepared to take my chances
Despair for desire the necessary compromise
I made her a promise
I have to get on with it

I'm not the only one who has a grievance
Praying for mercy from the volatile sky
The sun as it shines offers no sign that salvation is near
Or lasting redoubt against the darkness crawling by
I cannot forget her
I'm not any better

I never knew I was special
My life was too uneventful
Stuck on the meanest streets
Take heat from everyone I meet
You still have to pay out
I can't fight my way out

Cheerfully I await my dissolution
Nothing but handouts to sustain my feeble form
There in my dreams she tells me nothing bad will happen to me
Lends me a hand to help me weather out the storm
I need to connect with her
You so misdirected her
I haven't corrected her
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment