Thursday, October 3, 2013

Size

Size
One for the fun
Should be playing
Not complaining half the time
On the run
Pointless waiting
With an outlook fading

I'm not any better
I've had rainy trials
Rewards that may be never
More spent empty miles

She knows the score
And exactly
What a pretty face is for
And goes far
Keeps on trying
Never thinks of crying

I'm not any wiser
Cast in my common mould
Playing early riser
Down with the muddled fold

Moving in the manner we are told
Passing salutations strike me cold
Leave me in a corner

Now we can sing
Of the rainbow
That tomorrow ought to bring
Never give
Up your hoping
It's a way of coping

I'm not any sadder
Under my stormy sky
Nothing seems to matter
No rule of law applies
Nothing but the cutting down of size
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2010. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment