Thursday, October 3, 2013

Simple

Simple
In the pursuit of fun
I'm always rendered useless
Too gone for anyone
Too spent for better excuses
As I await your call
See I'm late for the last time
Slowly relinquish hold
Ask why I choose this pastime

Against riddles I can't win
Get little, hit all the pitfalls
Guess why by the glide in your stride
Head high like your extra successful

I know what I have learned
Not worth losing rest for
Possess no evidence
And forced to hazard a guess for
No fear in a clear blue sky
That I won't keep my coat dry
Could be saying goodbye
Won't find out if I don't try

More secrets kept in
Give cause to toil unrested
Pass by as defensive eyes
Fall wide sending their message

Making do, narrow range
Letting go what I know I can't change
Got to try not to by-
Pass the page, make it to the next stage

Pushing limits of trust
Clock would long have expired
If your opinion were just
Lifted a notch or two higher
As the suspense must grow
At the expense of patience
Stop by after the show
That we make our acquaintance

You want adventure, you like a dare
Won't venture this far up the river
Can't see there's a load on your mind
You're not inclined to deliver
Left answers unsaid
Took effort to stay as forgetful
Stayed free of slightest concern
Maybe the plan was too simple
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment