Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rules

Rules
I admit in certain decisions
I might not be acting responsibly
But something else requires admission
Nothing's wrong with having fun

In childish ways the days went faster
Still had to go without like anyone else
Paid for the ticket, ran through the thick of it
Found how to face the crowd
No heed to the disallowed
No need for the quick way out

Sorry for the harm you came to
Not the kind of thing I am into
Your last voyage made me jealous
I was somewhere else at the time

Did not mean to cause you problems
Or prevent you from doing your thing
But you know how much I would miss you
Once you've been that close, never let go
If you happen to stray inside my playground
Got to stay til you complete your rounds
To select me at random only to abandon
That I appear the fool
Anything that cruel
Must be against the rules

Long as you think you can hide inside a shadow
My aim will likely remain vain and shallow
Left alone with a nature that I must follow
The mistaken impression that I'm extra mellow

We'll go farther with you knowing
Got to keep my vision ahead of me
Why I also must be rolling
Straight on before the sun is all gone

Lately noticed some improvement
Guess it hasn't set for long enough yet
Lets me know I find encouragement
There in your sweetest smile
Leave 'em standing in the aisle
On the way to arriving to a new recollection
Finding the time to hear me out
If I think that I'm ready for a decent reception
Make it all up then
Gonna play the gentleman
Never get upset again
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment