Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rugged

Rugged
You could be someone
Whose place I don't come from
Whose name I quickly forget
You could be bad news
Like someone who plans to
Prevent me from winning a bet
As long as you know
I'm willing to go
To unnatural extremes
Cause I like what I see
When you look at me
If it's a misstep
Isn't discovered yet

Wouldn't want to falter
End up on the stony alter
Once they see you've had your last supper
Don't expect you'll ever recover

Casual preening
Little for gleaning
Never receiving a hint
And fun loving smiles
Drive me so wild
I slip into a fit
Don't want to learn if
It's not as perfect
As hope would make it seem
But if you haven't been treated
Like a person who's needed
Let you figure out
That's what I'm about

Reaching for some pleasure
From that which you've become the centre
You're every move is made to measure
Nothing will diminish your leisure
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment