Thursday, October 3, 2013

Plow

Plow
Now they say that I made my way
Back to your turnstile
Wish me well
Hope I stay the dizzy spell
And whatever you think I can do
To make it worthwhile
Tell me now
Leave no weed nor seed unplowed
Til the channel is still
And the gulls have alighted

Instant succession
Hardly a fault
Slow my progression
Down to a halt

Now I only would like to be
Responding rightly
To the call
Not sure that I heard it all
And the image you had in your mind
May differ slightly
Close enough
Made of roughly the same stuff
With a withering look I'm already
Humbled badly
Turn around
Try to stand on firmer ground
And forget you're upset
And pretend you're excited

Nobody mentioned
Nobody said
So much attention
Went to your head
Took no precaution
Vainly mislead
Past my exhaustion
Onward you sped

Now we never may know what exactly
We are facing
Hit the wall
Headed for a certain fall
But good sense can't prevent the exuberant
From racing
Through the ruin
Hope to meet an old friend soon
Who refused to be doomed
To a future decided
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment