Thursday, October 3, 2013

Magic

Magic
Springtime and feeling revived
Must thrive in the right environment
Don't give a second thought to
Leaving it all behind
Long as you're sure you want to
Not gonna change your mind

With you on my mind I could handle the joyride
As I cross a landscape strange and varied
When the time was up you'd be more than enough
Let me see why I was never worried

Stop in, out of the way
Asking for the wrong directions
Isn't that I am unable to read the signs
Just that it seems to happen at the most awkward times

Too antagonized to agonize longer
Over matters hardly worth confessing
As for this individual trip
Don't know how to keep it interesting

From you I have nothing left to hide
Might as well see the brighter side
You could instead be sending me
Back where I came from
The place you don't hear of

Might live with the hardships they give
If it's you I'm on my way to
Never too late to wait in a raging storm
Listen to them berate me for doing nothing wrong

Whether you said it off the top of your pretty head
Made a pledge that I would not be sorry
Any distaste found in your frowning face
Would relate a very different story
Aim for the moon, get through the afternoon
Without time to figure out the lesson
Take it all in stride, don't let the world decide
Show them we've already lived the lesson

Like to see you do your magic show
Got a trick or two I wouldn't know
Before you go in a blossom of smoke
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2012. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment