Thursday, October 3, 2013

Linger

Linger
Apparently I won't need the extra attention
As long as I try to flee another direction

Let me alone at any cost
Plenty of room to wander
As I try to complete an errand lost
Shepherd me with your baby finger

Willingly I proceed against the conditions
Surrender my ranging lead to end the attrition

Heard what you like about me most
Learning to be a stranger
And you're acting as if you've seen a ghost
Seems that I am a ringer
Leave me to tie up some loose thread
Following the procedure
Slowly the fog goes from my head
See why she said to let me linger

No longer in my plan to seek retribution
For only with you I can achieve a solution

Bury me in your yielding breast
Draw me into your shelter
My indecision put to rest
Now that my passion simmers
All of the schemes that stood between
Fashioned into a zinger
Crossing into a perfect dream
See why she said to let me linger
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment