Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's Not You

It's Not You
Sometimes I can't find the strength to crawl
So overcome by my misfortune
Suddenly I receive a call
Telling me love is more important

It's not you but the enemy
Love is why my life is empty
Otherwise I wouldn't need her talking to me

I know she can make an accolade
Out of the frightfulest of losses
Put the sugar in my lemonade
Shore up my hope until grief passes

It's not you but a mystery
Disappearing just as quickly
Always has to make a bigger fool out of me
Like a blossom in the desert sand
Raising hopes of hidden wellsprings
That don't prove to be a remedy but a tease

Once I think I've had enough of pain
Ready to die and take my chances
See her figure in the sky again
Point to the clouds on which she dances

It's not you but a fantasy
Wants me to succumb completely
Only there to give me something pleasant to see
Never run my fingers through her hair
Draw her close and feel her heartbeat
Leads me on when I look upon is a dream
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2013. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment