Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hunted

Hunted
Living in society
Stunned by the variety

Cunningly they seduce their prey
Give no time to look away
Without warning on a fatal run
Who'll survive when the morning comes?

Banished to antiquity
Invaders have already
Burned down the library

In the shadow of the night
Moving slowly into sight
Comes across as the hunted one
Who'll be down when the fight is won?

Got a place I can face my open eyes
To familiarize and to please them
You take them aside for a thrilling ride
But you never decide to release them
We sail so high through the murky sky
For as long as it takes to delay the goodbye
And fall back down without a sound
As we land in a space where there's no one around

Removed from extra company
So I gave no thought to
What was in front of me

Unaware I will remain
Only for the moment tame
Had to turn my life around
No solution have I found
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2013. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment