Friday, October 4, 2013

Faraway Places

Faraway Places
Not to bring you more to bear
But my mind is gone and I don't want to know where
Or defend it when I send it to faraway places
Not to cause you any fuss
But they're well outside the range of a train or a bus
Can't explain it when I change it to faraway places
And grow numb in sudden complacence

Farther than an ocean span
Past the roads and works of Man

Hair that sparkles, eyes that pled
But I could not hear a single word that was said
Only traces when I chase them to faraway places
And resign in their sleepy embraces

Past the planets and the stars
Never had to leave the car

So I hope you understand
And it does not cause you any further demand
If my base is in the spaces of faraway places
Where the memory soon erases
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2010. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment