Friday, October 4, 2013

Dignity

Dignity
Before you go and complain about
Your bill
Think you should know a few things
I feel
Like the blistering sun
And the weight of a ton
Oh I'm no Olympic champion
And the price of my pain
Wouldn't cause you a strain
If you took me apart
Put me together again

I've got a rhythm in
My head
That lets me stay back at home
In bed
And it doesn't intrude
On the moment for long
But the skip of a heartbeat
The flash of a song
With no one to heap
My sorrows upon
Til the walls have recovered
And the echo has gone

You cannot see from the gallery
And I know you wish the admission were free
And I'm not lying or making a plea
It's dignity, got the better of me

Before you go and make fun of
My face
Because you wish you could be in
My place
Well you might be surprised
When the loudest of cries
Fails to break through the din
Of a new lullaby
That runs in your brain
Like a tireless train
As the people around you
Think you're going insane

You cannot see from under the tree
Cause it's too far away from the searing heat
The grimace it might be causing me
Is just dignity, got the better of me
You cannot see from the gallery
And I know you wish the admission were free
And I'm not lying or making a plea
It's just dignity's got the better of me
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2010. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment