Friday, October 4, 2013

Control

Control
Well I can't say it isn't a valuable exercise
If a little fleeting
Right when you're about to get even
Sky clear and you're back to cheer
Free of the relentless reminder
Fell down the waiting hole
Never knew who could have decided
Never knew who was in control

See her swing by, feigning my innocence
Better off unheeded
She could be thinking of her guy
Back home with her friend alone
Got no curtain to hide behind
Someone gonna find a fault
Can't be certain the road will wind
Or make me grind to a halt

I've known for long the game was never mine
I hope I'm still alive in overtime

My best day's always dead ahead
Can be so misleading
No rest, put to the stress test
Afraid to erase my face
Nights spent loudly lamenting
Without a fraction of control
About a crisis from yesteryear
A story better when left untold
I've known for long the game was never mine
I'm pushing my endurance to the line
My vision is too poor to read the sign
But it's good to know I'm alive in overtime
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment