Friday, October 4, 2013

Conscience

Conscience
(MUSIC VIDEO OFFLINE)
Last call seems like a shortfall
So much more shouting to do
Once red this town's been painted
Reach up and paint the sky blue

And I never meant to rain on the party
But I didn't believe what I already knew
Cause a little bird told me a line that just sold me
And it turns out her story has all but come true

She said gold pays for gold
But conscience pays for glory

What fun, it's been a good run
Better than ever before
I went to every event where
Even the losers can score

And I wouldn't erase the smiles from the faces
Not for all the rewards of the Earth
But I can't help recalling the voice that came calling
That I might know what such smiles are worth

Singing gold pays for gold
But conscience pays for glory
Someone in the cold
And no one feeling sorry

  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2010. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment