Friday, October 4, 2013

Cheer

Cheer
(The vocal strays from the lead guitar in the middle part.)

When the day's headlines have spelling mistakes
And giving a smile is all that it takes
Bees on vacation with nothing to do
Traffic lights changing from purple to blue

Only one could make the stars you're shunning
Look that stunning
Hear the sound of her guitar's sweet strumming
Cheer is coming

When the result of a trembling quake
Stems the tumult of a rambling lake
When a tornado catches a plane
Steering it clear of a mountaintop crane

Don't be so alarmed at the harm she's pausing
Charm she's causing
Anywhere the children may be playing
Cheer is staying

I'll walk down the road with my head hanging low
I'll sit down alone and cry
I'll spend all my time at the back of the line
And let my mind run awry
Eventually when she finds me again
She'll rescue me from my despair
With one more tale designed to regale
And remind me that I'm in her care

I couldn't ask for a sunnier friend
Holding my hand as we head round the bend
I could depart from this world any time
Now that I'm sure there's a place more sublime

Finally to know the love I'm tracking
And been lacking
Ask her whether I should soon be packing
Cheer is laughing

  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment