Friday, October 4, 2013

Blazon

Blazon
Daylight stream in
All right, nothing to dream in
Getting down on me for lying around
Looking down on me from high on a cloud

This time start anew
All you think you can't do
I liked you more when you were wishing me well
You made a move and put me under your spell

Standing able
I see my way to the stage so I don't hit the table

Feeling out of place
Cannot find the right face
I let you know I'm only playing a role
I let you see that I can stay in control

Living in an instant
First sight might have missed it
The world is empty since I went from your side
Why can't we get where we have nothing to hide?

Holding stable
You don't have to call
If you send me a cable
Thinking just undermines the playful
And you will do what you want
Cause you don't need my say-so

Want it all after you wore out your toy
And there in your hamper you thought it would stay
And now all you say is that is what happens
And how it would pay if I leave the door open

In by sundown
Let the walls all come down
I found out how to keep my thoughts in a line
Your best maneuvering could not undermine

All out on display
No doubt, see the same way
I can only think of one thing to do
I can only hope it's happy for you
Less than truthful
But it lets me believe
I can make myself useful
I'm willing to appear more youthful
As long as you promise
My room won't get too full

  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment