Friday, October 4, 2013

Assault

Assault
Sometimes I need reminding
Why I am holding out
Then as soon as I see you
I just have to believe you
Cannot see past this grave uncertainty
How will I find the end?
Will it even be worth it to me?

I always start to wonder
When I'm away too long
As I fight to gain headway
Got to get through the next day
There's a way to remove all room for doubt
Let me loom at large til the last one has been driven out

You know just how to keep me distracted
There with charades transparently acted
Sauntering down a flowery lane
Nothing to say, having a grand day

I know where I am going
I hope you will be there
Not a thing will be lacking
And forget about packing

Short of breath, no rest chasing a runaway
Cannot pull ahead when they're taking your fun away
Kill the lights, perfect night for a holiday
Cling to me tightly, wouldn't want you to fall away

  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2011. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment